unable to encrypt to one specific user

savanna savanna@cat.org.au
Thu Nov 7 01:48:02 2002

* David Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:58:32PM +1100, savanna wrote:
> > I'm unable to encrypt my messages when sending email to one specific
> > user (I can encrypt to others). My email client is mutt. I've cross
> > posted, as I'm not sure is this is a gpg or mutt issue.  I've looked in
> > my .gpgrc file for mutt, and noticed this command for listing available
> > keys:
> >
> This key is probably not self-signed.  Try retrieving the key from a
> keyserver and you'll get the missing bit.

Thanks David,

Unfortunately I've received the key via email directly from the owner,
so that probably isn't the error. I'll email him to check if it's been
self-signed; I presume it has as the owner is a Linux 'old-fart' ;-)

Anyway, I'm stumped, and am going to put it back in the too hard bin
for the moment.

--
Savanna                 |  Free as in 'free speech',
GnuPG Pub Key E40FAE08  |  not 'free beer'.