GnuPG and The Bat!

Benjamin König benkoe@gmx.de
Sun Nov 10 12:04:02 2002

Hello!

gnupg-users@gnupg.org wrote:

>> I've just installed GnuPG 1.2.0 on Windows 2000. I can sign files
>> without any problems through the command-line. But if I try to
>> sign a message in my mail-program "The Bat! 1.60" I get the
>> following message:

>> gpg: no default secret key: secret key not available
>> gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available

>> How can I select a default secret key? What's wrong here?

>  Put this in your gpg.conf,
>  default-key 0xDDDDDDDD
>  change DDDDDDDD with your key ID

But there isn't such a file gpg.conf!

I've unzipped the file gnupg-w32cli-1.2.1-1.zip to c:\gnupg. Then
I opened the command-line and type gpg --gen-key with the
corresponding values.

The files pubring.gpg, secring.gpg, random_seed and trustdb.gpg
were created but no gpg.conf.

How can I create this file? Is this necessary?

Ben