Key servers

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sun Nov 10 20:56:01 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:23:15AM +0100, Johan Almqvist wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What's happened to pgp.net?
>
> $ host -l pgp.net
> pgp.net name server nac.no
> pgp.net name server ns0.pipex.net
> pgp.net name server ns1.pipex.net
> pgp.net name server dns0.cl.cam.ac.uk
> pgp.net name server orgo.progsoc.uts.edu.au
> pgp.net name server auth01.ns.uu.net
> pgp.net name server procert.cert.dfn.de
> packet size error (0xbffefba7 != 0xbffefba5)
> Server failed: BAD ERROR VALUE
>
> Boo-boo? I can't reach any of the servers I used to use (www.dk.pgp.net et
> al).

dk.pgp.net is down for a few weeks while they rebuild a dead server.

> Which key servers would the list recommend (preferably on SUNET or NORDUNet)?

Right at the moment, the only keyservers I can really recommend are:

  hkp://keyserver.kjsl.com
  ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370
  ldap://keyserver.pgp.com

Pretty much all of the others suffer from the multiple-subkey
corruption bug or are still non-production test servers.  If your key
only has one subkey, then any of the pgp.net servers will work.

David