Encrypting to PGP 2.X or 4.0

Jimmy L Hood jhood@duke-energy.com
Fri Nov 15 16:53:02 2002

I am converting from Unix PGP 2.7 to Windows GNUPG v1.1.90-nr1 (Windows NT
4.0) with RSA and IDEA - I also have v. 1.2.1 but have not installed yet. I
have successfully exported my keys from PGP and  have exchanged data with
PGP 6.5.X versions. My problem is encrypting to PGP 4.0 (which I understand
is quite similar to PGP 2.X). I have tried to follow the work around
solution published at
http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/pgp2x.html

which creates  separate signature and data files and then encrypts them
together but have had no luck  PGP returns "Decrypted plain text is
corrupted".

I can get an unsigned encryped file to work by including the following
--rfc1991 --force-v3-sigs --cipher-algo IDEA --compress-algo 1
--s2k-digest-algo MD5

Has anyone ever gotten this to work with a signature? Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Jimmy Hood