User ID

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sun Nov 17 22:09:02 2002

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 11:56:11AM +0100, Florent AIDE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all thank you for your prompt answer, but I use gpg 1.0.6
> and do not see this option documented anywhere in the man page. When
> I try this option it says :
>
> Invalid command  (try "help")
>
> Is this a new command from gpg 1.2.x ?

>From GnuPG 1.0.7.

> Is there any compatibility issues if I upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.2.x ?

There should not be any, but there are issues with going back and
forth between 1.0.6 and 1.2.x.

You will need to do three things after upgrading:

1) gpg --rebuild-keydb-caches
2) Run "gpg --edit" on each of your own keys, and make them ultimately
   trusted (i.e. "trust", "5").
3) gpg --check-trustdb

David