Multiple keyring support: GPGV

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sun Nov 17 22:19:02 2002

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 08:38:08AM +0100, Stefan Bellon wrote:
> David Shaw wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Any suggestions for something better? --writable-keyring?
> > --use-keyring? --import-keyring?
>
> I'm against --writable-keyring as this seems to imply that the others
> are not writable. Which may not be the case (from the file system's
> point of view).
>
> I'm against --import-keyring as this may be confused with an --import
> option to import whole keyrings.
>
> I'm in favour of --use-keyring, but I could as well imagine
> --active-keyring to be suitable.

I agree with you, but agree enough that I have similar problems with
--use-keyring and --active-keyring.  ;) "use" and "active" implies
that the other keyrings aren't being used or active, which isn't
really true.  I guess use-keyring is closest, but it is not very clear
what it means from the option name - someone would have to go and read
the manual to know what it means.

David