Can signing subkeys certify keys?

Konrad Podloucky konrad@crunchy-frog.org
Mon Nov 18 16:59:02 2002

--=-407dcM0Ga1Uv+xxwETFM

Hi folks,

I recently generated a new key with 2 subkeys. One for signing and one
for encryption. The primary key is kept in a safe place and never used
to sign any data. However I wasn't able to figure out how I could
certify keys with my signature subkey although in the --with-colons
listing it shows up as being able to sign and certify.=20
Is this a limitation of the OpenPGP standard, of gpg, simply a bad idea
and therefore not implemented or have I just been blind?

Thanx in advance,
	Konrad

--=20
"All this marching up and down and cheering and waving flags is=20
 simply sex gone sour."
                        --George Orwell, "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

--=-407dcM0Ga1Uv+xxwETFM

--=-407dcM0Ga1Uv+xxwETFM--