error generating key in windows binary dist of 1.2.1-1

Ben Mord bmord@icon-nicholson.com
Thu Nov 21 01:39:02 2002

Hi,

I just installed the windows binary distribution of 1.2.1-1. More
specifically, I unzipped the file with this md5sum:
d385797fd71e7fec960cd6fafbde4044 *gnupg-w32cli-1.2.1-1.zip

Anytime I try to generate a key pair, I get the following error:
The instruction at <address> referenced memory at <another address>. The
memory could not be "read".

If I step into the debugger, I then see the following error:
Unhandled exception in gpg.exe (ADVAPI32.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

It doesn't matter what key length I choose, and using all defaults (except
supplying something for name, email address, and comment of course) produces
this same behavior.

Does anybody else have this problem? I'm using Windows 2000 SP1. Any reason
to hope that building from source would fix it, or will there be another
release soon? And yes, I even tried rebooting ;)

Thanks,
Ben