encrypt multiple files into one singlefile and then decrypt back the original multipe files

Doug Gorley douggorley@shaw.ca
Wed Oct 2 00:52:01 2002

--=-3kscmKbKN2oBCNJggOaq

>=20
>   zip - file1 file2 file3 file4 file5 | gpg -eat > outfile.zip.asc
>=20

Interesting.  I'm trying to do this using tar and gzip instead of zip,
but I'm running into some trouble.  The command I'm trying is:

  tar -cz *.jpg | gpg -eatr douggorley > files.tar.gz.asc

Everything appears to work correctly, but once I decrypt the file,
gunzip won't recognise it.  Any ideas?

--=20
Doug Gorley | douggorley@shaw.ca     OpenPGP Key ID: 0xA221559B
Fingerprint: D707 DB92 E64B 69DA B8C7  2F65 C5A9 5415 A221 559B
Interested in public-key cryptography?    http://www.gnupg.org/

--=-3kscmKbKN2oBCNJggOaq

--=-3kscmKbKN2oBCNJggOaq--