RSA sign and encrypt

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Mon Oct 7 12:37:02 2002

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:55:19AM +0100, David Pic=F3n =C1lvarez wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I've upgraded my gpg version to 1.2. I'm using the official Windows bin=
aries
> and I was trying to generate a key for a friend. I found out that ElGam=
al
> sign and encrypt is no longer available by default, but it is available
> with --expert. This brought to my attention that there is now the
> possibility of creating RSA sign and encrypt keys. Are these keys v3 ke=
ys?
> Is there something wrong with them? Are they secure and so on?

These are v4 RSA keys.  They do not have the problems that v3 keys
have.  The regular "RSA" that you see without --expert is v4 as well.
The key you saw under --expert is a RSA sign+encrypt key (i.e. do both
with one key).

David

--=20
   David Shaw  |  dshaw@jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.co=