GnuPG FAQ 4.14 automated environment

graham.wildridge@bt.com graham.wildridge@bt.com
Thu Oct 10 10:45:02 2002

Dear All

I followed the instructions in FAQ 4.14 to get automatic signing.

I managed to remove the passphrase alright, but only by changing the name of
secring.auto to secring.gpg in the test directory.

It is the part about installing secring.auto as the secret keyring on the
target machine that is failing me. I thought that all I would have to do
would be to copy the keyrings into the appropriate directory on the target
machine.

I do this then try and sign but I get the following error messages

gpg: secret key parts are not available
gpg: no default secret key: general error
gpg: test.txt: clearsign failed: general error

Can someone please provide me the detailed instructions that I need to get
it to work.

Thank you !

Regards

Graham Wildridge