941670 Delete a key in win98

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Fri Oct 11 21:42:01 2002

I'd be inclined to do:  gpg --list-secret-keys

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Klonner [mailto:hans@lugsp.at]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 12:00 PM
To: GnuPG Mailing list
Subject: 941670 Delete a key in win98

Hi all!

I got this mail back with the hint: "user unknown".
Hopefully I'm  subscribed this list with the number 941670

I have a serious problem in using GnuPG.
I deleted the first key   I created on the win98 box by
deleting the folder \windows\anwenderdaten\gnugp\ (secring, pubring,
options,), for the key was too complicated (Now I know it's a serious
mistake).

I created a new key-pair .

Now I can encrypt everything, but
when I try do decrypt  an error message appears: "No secret key". And
above appears  the very first key I created, but don't want to use.

I tried the item "default key" -to use the new key-pair.  No success.
I tried to re-install the program an deleting every registry key
containing "gpg and gnupg and the number of the key" with no success.

Can smb. be so kind to tell me where win98 stores the secret-key entries ?
I suppose it's hidden in the registry.

Hans Klonner