How to export gpg keys to use in PGP 8.0 beta

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Sat Oct 12 14:20:02 2002

--Boundary-02=_DOBq9SWRcPLNykG

On Saturday 12 October 2002 11:59, Sebastian Mauer wrote:
> hi,
> i'm from Germany, so please excuse my really worse english.
> I'm new to gpg an generated myself a key a month ago. now i want to
> use encrypted mail under windows too. so I downloaded pgp 8.0 beta
> from the new PGP Corporation. But when I exprt my secret key by the
> following command:
>
>  $ gpg --output secretkey.asc --armor --export-secret-key maui
>
> PGP won't be able to import it. Why ? Are they key fornats
> incompatible. Can anyone help me ?

I think this is a FAQ and the answer is that you have to remove the
passphrase (set it to an empty string) before exporting the secret key.

BTW, why do you want to use PGP on Windows instead of GnuPG?

Regards,
Ingo