How to export gpg keys to use in PGP 8.0 beta

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sat Oct 12 21:24:02 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 05:34:52PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:20:16 +0200, Ingo Kl=F6cker said:
>=20
> > I think this is a FAQ and the answer is that you have to remove the=20
> > passphrase (set it to an empty string) before exporting the secret ke=
y.
>=20
> I can't believe that they still use IDEA for protecting a secret key.
> Phil told me several times that IDEA should never be the default for
> PGP.

PGP uses whatever the config option "Preferred Algorithm" is set to to
protect secret keys.  It defaults to AES256.

David

--=20
   David Shaw  |  dshaw@jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.co=
m/