E-Mail Encryption: Why Isn't Everyone Doing It?

Rustad, Aaron ARustad@Online-can.com
Wed Oct 23 16:25:06 2002

Email encryption is a Joke...especially PGP/GPG....but not because it
doesn't work, and not because the interface is ugly and hard to work with,
but because  the "other guy" almost always refuses to take the time to learn
it. Strong measures need to be taken to force people to use it...especially
corporations. I would love to see my employer at least mandate the use of
PGP internally, but, even though we are a high tech company, we are just to
lazy to put forth the initiative to secure our mail/intellectual knowledge.

Like I said, I would use it all the time, however, that means that everyone
else would have to use it too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gill, John [mailto:John.Gill@tgslc.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 7:43 AM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: RE: E-Mail Encryption: Why Isn't Everyone Doing It?

The interface is too confusing for the "average-home" user.  It's like
asking them to perform a tune-up on a car. They just don't know or care to
know.  Encryption is a great idea, but because of user interface issues it's
still for power-users or better.

John Gill
***  These comments are my own and do not represent my employer in any way.