E-Mail Encryption: Why Isn't Everyone Doing It?

Rustad, Aaron ARustad@Online-can.com
Wed Oct 23 22:43:02 2002

Ed, this sounds like a shameless plug. =-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Suominen [mailto:general@eepatents.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 2:31 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: E-Mail Encryption: Why Isn't Everyone Doing It?

I agree with this comment and the others like it. I've quit relying on
GnuPG/WinPT for much encryption per se, simply because people don't want
to be bothered with it.

When I have to send or show something sensitive to a colleague or an
existing client, I try to do so via a tunnelled connection using my
Privaria software. I wrote it for ease of use, and it's literally a
one-click connection (no Amazon, this ain't online shopping...) once
you've set it up. Perhaps the 25,000 downloads of the software since its
May 2002 initial release says something about the value people place on
encryption that's (relatively) easy to use.

\--- http://www.eepatents.com -----------------/