PGP 7.1.1 reports "bad signature" on messages from GnuPG ?

Jason_Mantor@hesc.com Jason_Mantor@hesc.com
Fri Oct 25 20:28:08 2002

Yep, Thansk : )  --force-v3-sigs seems to do the trick.  I want to do some
testing to see if that will mess up things for my trading partners usign
GnuPG before I do this in production though.
                        -JSM

                      David Shaw
                      <dshaw@jabberwock        To:       gnupg-users@gnupg.org
                      y.com>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: PGP 7.1.1 reports "bad signature" on messages from GnuPG ?
                      gnupg-users-admin
                      @gnupg.org

                      10/24/02 10:57 PM

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:16:18PM -0400, Jason_Mantor@hesc.com wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:02:35AM -0400, Jason_Mantor@hesc.com wrote:
> >> I've read some older posts that say that older versions of PGP might
be
> >> looking for v3 sigs and not handle v4 sigs from GnuPG.  Anyone know if
> >> that's still the case for PGP 7.1.1 ?
>
> >I believe 7.1.1 handles it correctly, but try it and see ;)
>

> My trading partner is telling me they are get this error : (
> I'm wondering if this is the cause ?

It could be.  Try using --pgp7 or --force-v3-sigs and see if it makes
a difference.  --pgp7 includes --force-v3-sigs so you don't need to
set them both (no harm if you do though).

David