Mac OS X 10.2

Charly Avital shavital@netbox.com
Mon Sep 2 13:56:02 2002

Hi,
may I suggest that you look upMacGPG <macgpg-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
	<mailto:macgpg-users-request@lists.sourceforge.net?subject=subscribe>

For your informtion, I'm copy/pasting a message from Chad Patten
<cpatten@cpatten.com> which resumes the situation.

I hope this helps.

Charly

We (the MacGPG team) are aware of a change in Jaguar that prevents GPG
from running from the command line (in a Terminal session).  This issue
also prevents certain functionality in GPGKeys - functionality that
requires a Terminal session - from working correctly.

Specifically, the path /usr/local/bin is no longer part of the default
environment variables for the system.  Once I have a copy of Jaguar (I'm
going to tonight's release party at the Apple Store in Littleton, CO), I
will hopefully be able to address the issue with a new installer release.

In the meantime, you can still install GPG 1.0.7 using the installer
provided at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=20789.  After
installing, however, it will be necessary to add /usr/local/bin to the
$PATH environment variable.  If you are running tcsh (you'll know if you
aren't - it's the default shell), you can add the following line to your
~/.cshrc file using the pico text editor:

set path = ( $path /usr/local/bin );

The more UNIX-savvy out there should be able to add this to a
system-wide configuration file.  From what I've been reading so far,
Jaguar's default location for csh environment files isn't the same.
Happy Hunting!

When I do have an updated installer available, you will be able to run
it and install over the 1.0.7r2 edition without any problems, and it
will fix the problem.

Stay tuned!

Chad

cpatten@cpatten.com