what do you think about Biometrie

Matthias Bruestle mlist@mbsks.franken.de
Tue Sep 3 17:12:02 2002

Mahlzeit

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 04:28:56PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> I doubt that you can handle such a card without leaving your
> fingerprints all over the card and not only in the sensor.  So it
> won't be too much work to get the fingerprint from a lost card and
> use it to enable this card.  Pretty useless, I'd say.

I wouldn't use this, but there might be cases, where it is secure enough,
e.g. for access control, and it might reduce the support costs of a firm
(no forgotten PINs, etc.). My suggestion is to look what is happening
at the biometric technology and see if something really useful is
emerging. And playing a bit with finger print scanners can also be fun. :)

Mahlzeit
endergone Zwiebeltuete