gnupg 1.0.7 compiled for Windows

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 3 21:23:01 2002

David Pic_n _lvarez wrote:

> I prefare that priority is given to stuff that matters like getting software
> which is secure, stable, reliable, can do the job, and includes the wanted
> features rather than in compiling binaries for windows.

Ah, come on, don't be too principal. I could compile it on Cygwin within
half an hour dispite the problems with the makefile and being unfamiliar
with the source code. Werner has his MingW32 system already setup and is
very familiar with the source, he could have a windows binary ready within
5 minutes. Another 10 minutes for changing the website and voila. This
would probably be less work than reading al the mailinglist questions about
a win32 binary.

This approach drives people to alternative sites like www.nullify.org, where
people can download patched versions that include and use IDEA and create v3
RSA keys and SHA2 hashes without whining, just the things some GnuPG
developers dislike.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html