correction, Re: HushMail interoperability

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Fri Sep 6 21:43:02 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 12:25:08PM +0200, David Pic=F3n =C1lvarez wrote:
> > It prevents some attacks against a message that involve such
> > tampering.  Admittedly, those attacks are extremely difficult to pull
> > off.  You can read http://www.counterpane.com/pgp-attack.html for all
> > the details.
>=20
> THX for the information. I guess I'll have to consider the trade-off of
> security for convenience and think about it.

You can get almost as good protection by always making sure that the
messages you send are compressed.  GnuPG does this by default unless
the file is already compressed.

David

--=20
   David Shaw  |  dshaw@jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.co=