GnuPG and Windows Registry variables

Ryan Malayter rmalayter@bai.org
Mon Sep 9 15:44:02 2002

> No, it won't.  The current PSDK documentation states=20
> that one must run REG_EXPAND_SZ data through=20
> ExpandEnvironmentStrings() to get the proper
> substitutions.  The difference between REG_SZ and=20
> REG_EXPAND_SZ appears to be only that the latter may
> be expanded while the former should not. I believe=20
> that the Registry APIs themselves use the same code=20
> paths for both types.

Okay... So shouldn't the general GnuPG gode base perform=20
this ExpandEnvirontmentStrings() if it encounters a
REG_EXPAND_SZ registry entry automatically? Or should I try to=20
make a customized build with this feature, and then present
that code change to Werner et al? (I've never contributed
to any open source project but my own little things).