error while decrypting message: trustdb.gpg

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Sep 10 13:25:02 2002

-----> snip
> gpg: fatal: g:/keys/trustdb.gpg: can't open: Permission denied

GnuPG 1.2 will have a fallback mode to use the trustdb in read-only
mode.  You will then need to use the options --no-auto-check-trustdb
and --lock-never.

However, running it from a CD is only save if you have a full life
operating system on that CD (e.g. a KNOPPIX GNU/Linux) from which you
boot.  There are still attacks possible but they either need to mimic
the boot process or change the BIOS, which is possible but not
trivial.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner