Large keyrings, GnuPG slowdowns/Seahorse segfaults

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun Sep 15 19:59:02 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:56:13 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:

> BTW, why is this command neither listed in the manual page nor in the
> output of 'gpg --help'?

It is a migration command and mentioned in the NEWS file. I am pretty
sure that I suggested to use the rebuild command in the orginal
annoucemnet for 1.0.7 too.  From NEWS:

    * The way signature stati are store has changed so that v3
      signatures can be supported. To increase the speed of many
      operations for existing keyrings you can use the new
      --rebuild-keydb-caches command.

Folks packaging gnupg should defintely read the NEWS file and consider
to employ migration post-install script.  Anyway, I'll add this
command to the man page of course but I guess it won't help much given
the "structure" of the man page.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner