PGP-signed webpages

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Mon Sep 16 16:00:01 2002

--=-thGksNH3I4hH2JEW2a2D

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 15:29, Per Tunedal wrote:
> Hi,
> does anyone know about any windows-utility for pgp-signing web-pages? It=20
> would be fine if there was a utility for checking signed pages as well.

Sorry, no tools, as I don't sign webpages myself. Just a thought:

I don't think having webpages signed is very reliable - the HTTP
protocol negotiates supported character encodings of the server and
client and might just decide to recode the document to a character set
supported on the client side.=20

I don't know if any current webserver actually does this, but it's
something to consider.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
secure email with gpg                           http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: subkey signature! request key 92082481 from keyserver.kjsl.com

--=-thGksNH3I4hH2JEW2a2D

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/policy/email.20020822

--=-thGksNH3I4hH2JEW2a2D--