gpg 1.0.7 and 1.0.6 on redhat 7.3

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Sep 16 18:27:02 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:03:11 -0400, Mister  said:

> I am running Redhat 7.3 which installed gpg 1.0.6 when i loaded the
> system.  I downloaded the tarball of gpg 1.0.7 and installed it, now
> i have version 1.0.6 in /usr/bin which the system still uses and gpg
> 1.0.7 in /usr/local/bin which does work.  How can i tell the system
> to use the new version ?

Either by reordering your PATH variable or by installing GnuPG in
/usr:  ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && su -c 'make install'.  The
latter has the disadvantage that the packaing system does not know
about it.  You might also want to have a look into the scripst
gnupg.specs file which should explain how to create an RPM.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner