FAQ update for MUAs supporting GnuPG

Josh Huber Josh Huber <huber+dated+1032697636.d20310@alum.wpi.edu>
Tue Sep 17 14:26:02 2002

David Scribner <dscribner@yahoo.com> writes:

> Greetings!
>
> I'm updating section 4.15 (and others) in the GnuPG FAQ file and
> wish to update the MUAs that support GnuPG either natively, or
> with plug-ins or external tools as the list has grown
> tremendously since 4.15 was first added to the FAQ.
>
> I have the following information which I've collected on the
> more popular mail user agents:
>
> MUA            OpenPGP  ASCII    How? (N,P,T)
> [...]
> Emacs/GNUS        Y       Y       T (Mailcrypt)

A couple things:

Gnus should be spelled "Gnus" not "GNUS", which is the spelling for
pre-v5.x versions of Gnus. (I think!  I wasn't using it then :)
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Gnus has support for GnuPG a couple ways, either with Mailcrypt as an
add on package, or with gpg.el which is more of a native support
package. (it is in the contrib directory though...but only because of
copyright assignment issues...)

Perhaps this should be reflected as

Emacs/GNUS        Y       Y       T (Mailcrypt, contrib/gpg.el)

?

--
Josh Huber