Compiling GnuPG for Windows with MingW32

Fred Bowman gnupg@xonx.de
Sat Sep 21 18:22:02 2002

Hi there.

Maybe this question belongs to the developer-list, but it asks more
about compiling than writing code (yes, both is part of "developing")
and could be interesting for many users, too.

Enhancing my security, I'm trying to compile my own GnuPG binaries. On
Linux, this wasn't a problem and worked quit fine (with 1.0.7).

The next step is to compile binaries for Windows (98 and 2000), but I
don't have any experience in working with Windows-compiler.

Somewhere in the list-archive, I found the information, that MingW32 is
a cross-compiler, which can build GnuPG on Linux and export Windows
binaries.

Are there any documentations or special hints about how to build GnuPG
on Linux and port it to Windows with MingW32?

Kind regards,

Fred