Agent implementation

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun Sep 22 14:25:01 2002

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:45:46 +0200, Florian Weimer said:

> Are there any sample implementations (for text console and X11) that
> can be used with "gpg --use-agent"?  I need something which can
> actually be built without too much trouble, so something buried
> somewhere in the Ägypten project is probably out of question.

It is not that hard:

Get the latest libgcrypt *new*pg and build them.  You probably don't
have libksba installed, so the configure script of newpg should figure
this out and only build the gpg-agent.  If you have problems, please
complain.

The pinentry is one package with implementations for Qt, Gtk+ and
ncurses.  I suggest to use the Gtk+ one which falls back to ncurses if
there is no DISPLAY.

Find both at

 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/aegypten/

Eventually the newpg stuff will be merged with GnuPG.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner