export private key

Norbert Lünow norbert@luenow.de
Mon Sep 23 18:01:02 2002

hallo,

I am a new user of gnupg and find that it works fine. Thinking about the
security of the system without having detailed knowledges of it a thought
came into my mind which I would like to reflect:

I think the system is very safe until somebody has access to your system.
There is nothing easier then to export the private key and do what he wants
to do with it.

Why is gnupg not asking for the passphrase before it exports the private
key???

I would feel much safer (I think thats no correct english but I cant express
me better :) or is the a mistake in my thoughts?

ru, norbert