Signature as attachment ?

Simon Josefsson jas@extundo.com
Tue Sep 24 17:39:02 2002

Josh Huber <huber+keyword+gnupg_users.73c168@alum.wpi.edu> writes:

> Florian Weimer <Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE> writes:
>
>> If I send someone a message, and I've got his key, Gnus doesn't
>> suggest to encrypt the message.
>
> Agreed, this would be nice...

Yes.

>> If I request encryption, Gnus doesn't let me chose the keys to use.
>
> use the "recipients" keyword in the secure tag.

Perhaps a GUI for this would be useful, although this isn't
Emacs/Gnus's strongest feature.

>> Gnus does not include all diagnotic output it receives from GnuPG by
>> default.  It should, crucial information might be omitted otherwise.
>
> Well, perhaps.  There is quite a bit of output, and showing it all
> would probably obscure the message on most people's screens :)

Mouse-2 clicking on the MIME button should reveal all diagnostic
output from the OpenPGP implementation.

> This works fine for me.  Or, did you mean sending?  Verifying
> plaintext encrypted/signed messages works fine for me, but I think
> there's still a bug when sending cleartext signed messages which have
> attachments.

Yes, it would be nice if we supported the scheme used by Outlook PGP
plugins to do this.  But it is not a RFC so supporting it is really a
bonus.

> This is all moot, since it appears we're going with pgg now! :)

Most of the critique still applies though...