compiling gpg 1.2.0 on HP-UX

David Ellement ellement@sdd.hp.com
Wed Sep 25 16:43:01 2002

Hello,

I encountered a couple of problems getting gpg 1.2.0 to compile on HP-UX
with gcc (3.1.1).

The compile failed in the mpi directory, due to assembler errors.  Some
of the assembly code generated had instructions that lacked a leading
tab character.  Jay Dawes realized the problematic assembler code was in
mpi/longlong.h.  After adding leading tabs to all the assembler
instructions in the HP-UX section, the compile succeeded and all the
checks passed.

The keyserver/Makefile only includes -lldap in gpgkeys_ldap_LDADD, so
gpgkeys_ldap is unable to resolve host names.  By adding -llber, it is
able to resolve host names.  (On my linux system at home, I saw the same
problem, and needed to add -llber -lresolv).

Has the format for keyserver name changed?  The manual still says:

    `scheme:[//]keyservername[:port]'

but it seems the `//' is now required, at least for the hkp scheme.

--
David Ellement <ellement@sdd.hp.com>   | Hewlett Packard, AiO Division
Voice: +1 858 655 5592                 | 16399 West Bernardo Drive, MS 8-70