have gnupg 1.0.7 gonna publish my key.

Adrian von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Fri Sep 27 08:54:02 2002

--=-OukvGp+IPyia4XSlAYed

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 16:42, Alexandre Dulaunoy wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, John Goerzen wrote:
>=20
> > On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 03:10:22PM +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> >=20
> > > wwwkeys.pgp.net (and wwwkeys.<countrycode>.pgp.net) is a network of
> > > keyservers with mostly reliable synchronisatian, and running mostly
> > > (entirely?) on open software.
> >=20
> > However, the storage of keys is mostly unreliable, and continues to hav=
> > problems with mangling keys with multiple subkeys.  GnuPG even recently
> > added a workaround to *partially* work around that bug; but as the actu=
al
> > keys are mangled, it's hard for GnuPG to completely work around it.  Tr=
> > requesting my key (8A1D9A1F) from that network and try to import it.  I=
t's
> > not going to work.
> >=20
> > My own opinion is that most anything is better than a network that can'=
> > even store a key reliably.

According to Werners mail, keyserver.net also has some problems. And
Newton will not be affected, apparently, as he doesn't have more than
one subkey.

My opinion is that almost anything is better than a 'network' that
consists of only one node and does not synchronize with the keyservers
most of the people are using.

>   Do you have made some test with the cvs version[1] of pks ?=20
>=20
>   [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/pks/

The upcoming pksd 0.9.5 (which is what will emerge from the cvs code)
will not fix this issue yet, but just provide a stabilized codebase form
where developers will then continue. JHarris has written a patch for
this, though, and it is running on at least one keyserver so far (and
works for me). So, once 0.9.5 is out, I expect a 0.9.6 very soon after.
And keyserver operators will jump to it, I hope.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
secure email with gpg                           http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: subkey signature! request key 92082481 from keyserver.kjsl.com

--=-OukvGp+IPyia4XSlAYed

--=-OukvGp+IPyia4XSlAYed--