Import of revocation certificate fails

Lars Eilebrecht lars@hyperreal.org
Sun Sep 29 16:34:02 2002

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to revoke one of my keys.
I still got the original revocation certificate, but
importing the cert via "gpg -vv --import revocationcert.asc"
fails. GPG bails out with the following errors:

 gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (MingW32)
 gpg: armor header: Comment: A revocation certificate should follow
  :signature packet: algo 17, keyid AEFA4E1AFDA75A58
        version 4, created 1031051675, md5len 0, sigclass 20
        digest algo 2, begin of digest e3 35
        hashed subpkt 2 len 5 (sig created 2002-09-03)
        hashed subpkt 29 len 37 (revocation reason 0x03 ())
        subpkt 16 len 9 (issuer key ID AEFA4E1AFDA75A58)
        data: [157 bits]
        data: [160 bits]
 gpg: key FDA75A58: invalid revocation certificate: general error - rejected
 gpg: error reading `revocationcert.asc': general error
 gpg: import from `revocationcert.asc' failed: general error
 gpg: Total number processed: 0

I'm using gpg 1.2.0 under Linux, but also generating a new
revocation certificate with this version produces a similar error
when I try to import the certificate into my keyring.

The original key pair has been created with GnuPG 1.0.6 on a
Win2k system.

Anyone any idea what is going on here?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht            - Reality is a figment of your imagination.
lars@hyperreal.org