simplifying the use of --throw-keyid option

David Champion dgc@uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 3 06:17:01 2003

* On 2003.04.02, in <20030403003119.GI2873@jabberwocky.com>,
*	"David Shaw" <dshaw@jabberwocky.com> wrote:

> All keys are tried until one successfully decrypts the message.  In
> the example you give, even though an earlier secret key has the same
> passphrase, GnuPG will continue processing until it hits the right
> key.

Nonetheless, would it work out to make the -u option specify, say, the
first key to try? It might make the operation faster, if nothing else,
although I'm not sure how many people process messages with thrown key
IDs in bulk. But the help text for -u suggests that this should work, so
perhaps it's not out of scope.

--
 -D.	dgc@uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago
 "The whole thrust of the text adventure was one picture was worth