HKP and firewalls

Neil Williams linux@codehelp.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 13:27:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_+Zdj+ABA+mDAB9h

On Friday 04 April 2003 6:12 am, Heiko Teichmeier wrote:
> I had test with our firewall:
> =============================
> If I allow routing (NAT) for services dns, port:11371 and incoming
> highports the --auto-key-retrieve works fine.

That was the solution - enabling higher ports - HKP doesn't just use 11371, it
tries to connect at other higher ports too. Just enabling 11371 isn't enough.
I've now got access to the HKP servers. Thanks Heiko. (It still doesn't work
100% of the time but at least it's working 90% instead of 1%!)

That isn't good enough to use auto-key-retrieve though so I'll continue
working on it using different distros and installations.

> How works a http(port80)proxy with port of hkp?
> How get it (the http-proxy) the dns-information, if it think it can't
> contact the port 11371?

HKP should work as HTTP in these areas.

--

Neil Williams