GPG agent for automated processing

David Champion dgc@uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 10 19:04:02 2003

* On 2003.04.10, in <87el4a4pv4.fsf@alberti.g10code.de>,
*	"Werner Koch" <wk@gnupg.org> wrote:

> When used with current gpg versions, gpg-agent does only cache the
> passphrase.  The plan is to modify gpg to divert all secret key
> operations to the gpg-agent.  This has already been done for gpgsm

I'm not too familiar with gpg-agent. Does this mean that in the future,
we'll have to use a long-running gpg-agent process to use OpenPGP with
GnuPG? Or will some front-end be able to start whatever is required
instantially, then close it off when it's done?

--
 -D.	dgc@uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago
 "The whole thrust of the text adventure was one picture was worth