3DES key generation

Egon Andersen ean@ishoejby.dk
Fri Apr 18 11:13:02 2003

David Shaw wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 05:13:41PM +0200, Egon Andersen wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I know that gpg can use 3DES cipher algorithm, but how do I generate the
>> 128-bit key used for this?
>>
>>I can see that gpg can generate DSA and ElGamal, but I can find out how
>>to generate keys for 3DES.
>

> GnuPG uses 3DES for session keys, so you do not need to generate
> them.  They are generated automatically as needed.

Well, this true when I use gpg in both ends.
But my problem is that the opposite end only uses symmetric ciphers and
I have to inform them about my 3DES key for this session (encrypted with
another 3DES key).
So therefore I need to generate 3DES keys, encrypt it with a given 3DES
key, at send it to the receiver.
(I haven't 'invented' this system, the receiver did.)

So is there any way I can generate/get 3DES key?
Perhaps using some library?

Best regards
Egon Andersen