Adding Footer on MTA, where MUA using GPG

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Thu Apr 24 08:13:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_9C4p+PCqx3AZHRn

On Thursday 24 April 2003 06:05, =B3=AF=BB=CA=B0=B6 Chan Min Wai wrote:

(Wow! My set up seems to be not too bad if I can see your name properly :-)

> Hello all,
>
> 	Is there any way I can add footer from MTA (I'm using Sendmail) and
> didn't broken the GPG/PGP Signature.

 - non-MIME ('inline') signatures are obviously no problem at all
 - just adding a footer to a PGP/MIME (like mine) signed mail will not touc=
h=20
the signature either, but the MUA won't display the footer as it is not in =
a=20
MIME part (you probably also know this - this mailing list has such a foote=
r)
 - the 'proper' way, I guess, would be to encapsulate the signed mail withi=
n a=20
multipart/mixed mail, with first a message/rfc822 part containing the signe=
d=20
email, and then a text/plain part with the footer. However, I'd object=20
violently if any mailing list would handle my mail in this way, and also I'=
m=20
absolutely not sure how various MUA would display this - I guess you'd only=
=20
have problems...

In short: if you don't want to depend on people using inline signatures, yo=
u=20
basically have a problem with no elegant solution. After all, preventing=20
undetected modification is one of the reasons why people sign email...

greets
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
featured product: the GNOME desktop - http://gnome.org