Adding Footer on MTA, where MUA using GPG

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Thu Apr 24 22:19:02 2003

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:14:17AM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

>  - the 'proper' way, I guess, would be to encapsulate the signed
> mail within a multipart/mixed mail, with first a message/rfc822 part
> containing the signed email, and then a text/plain part with the
> footer. However, I'd object violently if any mailing list would
> handle my mail in this way, and also I'm absolutely not sure how
> various MUA would display this - I guess you'd only have problems...

Mailman 2.1 keeps the original multipart/signed message and adds a
text/plain footer.  I can't speak for all MUAs, but mutt handles it
fine.

David

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--