(ssh|gpg)-agent

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue Apr 29 18:09:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_bPqr+iSCzJrol2Q

On Friday 25 April 2003 18:47, Lukasz Stelmach wrote:
> Greetings All.
>
> Recently i have came accross gpg gpg-agent. It seems to be very usefull=
=3D20
> but...  Would it be possible to use (theoretically, after some coding)=3D=
20
> ssh-agent to forward gpg keys. For example at my school there is=3D20
> computer laboratory where all machines run w2k. There are also some=3D20
> unix machines that i ssh to. I don't want to keep my secret key on unix=
=3D20
> account because it is distributed via nfs, therefore is very insecure.=3D=
20
> Since i use putty with pagent it could be great to use the same=3D20
> software for gpg keys.
>
> What do you think about such integration?

Hmmm. I think it is a great idea - though I would not do it by forwarding t=
he=20
key itself, but by sending the to-be-encrypted data around, thus keeping th=
e=20
secret key on the machine it was originally stored.

IIRC there was someone around working on using gpg keys for ssh=20
authentication, so at least one person knows much about both gpg and ssh,=20
perhaps he would be interested? I certainly would like the idea as I use ss=
h=20
a lot.

cheers
=2D- vbi