BAD signature and (2) auto SHA1

Tamer Higazi tamer.higazi@web.de
Sat Aug 2 14:12:02 2003

Hi!

1. Bad singniture means that you didn't sign the key of your korrespondent
partner.
You have to do it with

gpg --edit-key UserID

The UserID is available with:

gpg --list-keys

then you receive an output on the screen with all public keys (and your own
keypair). Beside th keynumber
like this.... pub  4096R/E65ACC8A
UserID would be: E65ACC8A

so the command would be: gpg --edit-key E65ACC8A

then you run the 3 commands:
sign (wants your password of your secretkey to sign this key)
trust (to trust the key)
save (to save all changes and to get out of the key-edit-menu and return
back to the shell)

After you have signed and trust the key the next time you recieve from the
other person a signed message, will be registered under GPG as "Good
Signiture" because you have signed  his/her key before.

2. People sometimes sign messages which has no value. As i described at
Point1 you have to sign and trust the other key which you added before in
your keyring (the are stored all in pubring.gpg <<PGP 8 pubring pkr>>).

Tamer