Can't decrypt PGP 8 msg

Neil Williams linux@codehelp.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 20:26:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_3b/L/1ucOFqJ7Cd

On Tuesday 05 Aug 2003 6:41 pm, Michael Schweppe wrote:

Now here's a thing. Why does this email not show up as signed in KMail 1.5?

The public key is OMITTED from the display window and no attempt is made to=
=20
verify the sig. GnuPG command line complains of:
$ gpg --verify Can\'t\ decrypt\ PGP\ 8\ msg.eml

i.e. no public key block! Yet it is quite clearly in the source of the=20
message.

Presumably, there is some error in the text that causes GnuPG to barph and=
=20
then KMail gets confused. If I remove the public key block, it verifies (as=
=20
bad, expectedly) but I can send myself emails containing my own public key=
=20
block, signed inline and there are no problems.

It's not the comment line, I tried that. It might be interesting to see wha=
t=20
happens once I've signed this reply!