Evolution signatures

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Aug 6 08:09:03 2003

--Boundary-02=_pvJM/Qrzg+p1aB0

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 20:44, Carl L. Gilbert wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 09:00, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

> > The thing I'd wish is a way to also
> > protect (sign - not encrypt, obviously) mail headers (IIRC this was
> > already discussed here.)
>
> I dont think you want to do that.  Mail headers are allowed to be
> changed by the server now.  Plus each server passed through will add
> some of its own information.  in fact headers dont get added till after
> the message is sent.

I was not clear enough, sorry.

What I want is not protect all mail headers, but those that may be relevant=
=20
for the interpretation of a mail - namely From, To, Subject, perhaps Date -=
=20
because when I receive a mail, it might have a completely different meaning=
=20
depending on the Subject, or depending on the From: address.

Currently, I should best just delete those headers before looking at a sign=
ed=20
email - if I'm a serious paranoid, I should only look at the information th=
at=20
is signed and suspect everything else to be fake. Of course I don't do=20
that...

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20