Evolution signatures

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Aug 6 22:10:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_HEWM/i5R6Zdrcm2

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 21:16, Carl L. Gilbert wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 13:09, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> > Strongly disagree. Mail headers are for communication between MUAs
> > mostly. Communication between MTAs should (and in the vast majority of
> > cases does) only ever add new headers, but not interpret any old headers
> > - that is why we have an envelope, after all.
>
> But its the MTAs that are adding the headers.  not the MUA.  So how can
> a MUA sign something 'before' many of its headers are even added to it!?

Did you read my other messages in the thread? Did you read my proposal?

And on who adds headers: did you ever see an MTA adding a Subject header? (=
Ok,=20
perhaps an empty one when none is present...) Likewise, Date:, From:, To: a=
nd=20
Cc: is added usuall by the MUA, as well as In-Reply-To and References.=20
Message-Id can be (and is, in fact) added by many MUAs.

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
Most seminars have a happy ending.  Everyone's glad when they're over.

--Boundary-02=_HEWM/i5R6Zdrcm2

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/legal/gpg/email.20020822?version=1.5&md5sum=5dff868d11843276071b25eb7006da3e

--Boundary-02=_HEWM/i5R6Zdrcm2--