Signing headers (was Re: Evolution signatures)

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Aug 6 22:14:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_xHWM/m1Si9Tk/Py

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 20:26, Kyle Hasselbacher wrote:

> Just to throw another wrench in this, I've frequently wanted ENCRYPTED
> subjects.  When I'm sending a private mail, I find myself using a
> "practically blank" subject like "Note" or "Hi" because I don't want the
> subject available to third parties any more than I want them to read the
> contents of the message.

Dunno if you saw my thoughts on this in the other msg - I left it out of my=
=20
proposal because I thought flawless interoperation with non-header-protecti=
ng=20
MUAs is of utmost importance.

> I consider some headers (especially the subject) to be part of the
> communication of a message.  As such, I'd like to protect the privacy and
> integrity of those parts the same way as the message itself, as much as
> that's possible.

Amen, brother. :-)

cheers
=2D- vbi