Recreating keys

Charly Avital shavital@netbox.com
Mon Aug 11 14:46:02 2003

You cannot recreate a key. You can extend its validity, add uids, etc.,=20
provided you have the correct password.=20

You have forgotten the password (are you sure?, have you tried many=20
possible combinations?), so there is nothing left to do but to generate a=
=20
new key-pair, generate and store in a secure place a revocation certificate=
=20
for that new key, and be sure you can remember the passphrase.

IMO.

Charly