md5sum for egd, gnupg

Ross Druker RDruker@alamo.sh.rohmhaas.com
Wed Aug 13 19:32:02 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to verify the md5sum for egd.  When I download the sum file from
this page:
http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/download/index.html

I get the file:
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/egd/egd-0.8.tar.gz.asc

It displays as this:

This does not match at all with what md5sum displays for the actual file, nor
does the content even look right.

I asked another user to try and he couldn't even display this in his browser.
 He had to download it.  Then, when he tried to display it, it was binary.

I get the same problem with the md5sum file for gnupg, but at least its sum is
posted on another page, so I could use that.

Anybody know what the problem is?  I did notice that the gnupg file ends in
.sig, which the egd file ends in .asc.

Thanks,
Ross

--
Ross Druker                                      Rohm and Haas Co.
RDruker@RohmHaas.com                             Philadelphia, PA