list signatures on server

k b k_b0000@yahoo.se
Thu Aug 21 00:18:01 2003

anytime when you developers begin to implement this
(if at all) then here is how i would like tu have it.

keys that signed a persons key should be displayd when
searching on a keyserver, using option to obtain this
is fair.

when importing from server
--recv-keys should work as today, plus
it should do by default or ask to at the same time
import keys that signed this key.

a new option
--recv-sig-keys-for-key keyID
that could be used for keys that one already have.

a neet feature would then be a slight change of the
--list-keys option (or a new option called something
like --list-first-line-keys).

my suggestion is that --list-keys should only display
keys that were imported in the first line, keys
imported only to check signaure (second line) should
not show up unless i choose to import them to the
first line.

for example, in my key ring i have 2 keys, signed by
myself and a freind. now i import a key that has 100
signatures, i import it with all of the 100
signatures. however the 100 signatures are not
especially interesting when using gpg on a daily
basis.
insted whats interesting is to display the 3 keys, and
then if i request display all.

--END--