WG: [WINPT USERS] WinPT Smartcard Support

Timo Schulz twoaday@freakmail.de
Thu Aug 21 19:30:01 2003

On Thu Aug 21 2003; 18:06, thomas schorpp wrote:

> the maxim i-button could be a reasonable way, but we need OPEN specs for a
> openpgp smartcard project, i could not get any specs from infineon or maxim
> at this time. THATS NOT THRUSTWORTHY.

This should be no problem. There is a draft for an OpenPGP smart card
and it is entirely open and can be reviewews by the public. Actually
GPG 1.9.x has support for these smart cards.

The project is work on progress, but I guess the cards will be available
soon.

        Timo

--
Windows Privacy Tools            "Es gibt viele Menschen, die sich einbilden
(http://winpt.sourceforge.net)    was sie erfahren, verstünden sie auch."